Monday, March 19, 2012

A Nice guide for figure skating fans

Nice is hosting the 2012 World Figure Skating Championships. If you are going there, lucky you! I am  going too, and I can't wait for it.Nice is one of the most enjoyable cities in the South of France.

It's being very sunny in these days in South Europe (I live in the North of Italy, so I can tell), but not so warm.
Althought weather predictions are not the best for next week, I think that temperature is going to be around 10-15 degrees (50-60 Fahrenheit) and just cross your fingers for the sun! 

Moving to the "skating" part, I have noticed that competitions more or less take place from 12.30 to 17.00 in the afternoon and from 19.00 to 23.00 in the evening. As far as eating habits are different all over the world, for me competitions will be right at meal time. If you want to go to a medium-high level restaurant, there is no way you will find it open after 23.00.

The easiest thing to do is buying something in the boulangeries (bakeries).



 Multari is one of the most glorious places is Nice. There you will find the famous quiches and yummy energetic breads filled with walnuts perfect for being brought to the ice rink.

A lot of skating fans love to throw flower gifts to their favourite athletes. I am always afraid of not reaching the rink, anyway Provence is the land of flowers.
Lavande is the queen in the flower market that takes place every day except Monday on Course Saleya.



Nice is an amazing city with a superior atmosphere. You can feel that by walking on the beautiful Promenade des Anglais watching a long beach.


I hope you enjoy this championships!

1 comment:

  1. Lucky you! I've been to Nice, it's a wonderful city. And the flowers market is a must see. The Promenade des Anglais in this season it's amazing: it makes you want to go for a swim.
    Enjoy the competition and your stay in Nice for me, too!

    ReplyDelete